We are looking to employ a persuasive advertising sales representative to convince potential clients to purchase advertising space and ensure that existing clients remain satisfied with our advertising products and services. The advertising sales representative’s responsibilities include identifying clients’ needs, researching competitors’ advertising services, products, and prices, and responding to potential clients’ inquiries. You should also be able to provide clients with cost estimates of the products or services required.
To be successful as an advertising sales representative, you should demonstrate effective communication skills and be able to build rapport with clients. Ultimately, an outstanding Advertising Sales Representative should achieve excellent customer service and continually meet or exceed sales quotas.
- Building and sustaining long-lasting relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Conducting research on potential clients’ products or services and determining the geographic location of the majority of their target customers.
- Setting up meetings with potential clients to present advertising proposals and address their concerns.
- Assisting the marketing team in the preparation of media kits and promotional plans.
- Attending sales meetings, trade shows, and training workshops as required.
- Persuading clients to purchase company advertising products and services by communicating the benefits of various types of advertising.
- Providing recommendations on suitable formats, advertising mediums, and font sizes.
- Preparing sample advertisements for clients.