We are searching for an outstanding reporter to cover events and assist our organization in delivering important news-related content to the public. In this role, you will perform first-hand information gathering through on-site investigations, reports, interviews, and Q&As with other journalists.
To ensure success as a reporter, you should be knowledgeable about current events, proficient at research, embody ethical principles, and maintain professionalism at all times. A top-notch reporter will have extensive field experience, providing deep, thorough analyses in all news events covered.
- Assess leads and pitch captivating story ideas to editors.
- Ensure that you meet all regular and recurring deadlines.
- Review and edit work for editorial approval.
- Use all your findings to prepare clean, concise and factual articles.
- Adhere to the ethical code of the profession.
- Keep records off all notes, interviews, and audio files.
- Create trustworthy relationships with contacts and sources for use in future research.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest news developments by attending events, studying different papers, opinion pieces, and social media.
- Collect, verify and decipher data.
- Identifying newsworthy events and developments in their region of operation.
- Conducting research and writing scripts on topics prior to broadcasts.
- Attending and reporting on events that are of interest to the public.
- Delivering scripted, spontaneous, live, and prerecorded reports on newsworthy events.
- Interviewing eye-witnesses, authorities, and people of interest in news stories.
- Transcribing and summarizing events for further news purposes.
- Traveling to events and ensuring the proper maintenance, security, and care of recording equipment.
- Working collaboratively with cameramen and other members of a reporting team.
- Representing the organization at conferences, press briefings, events, and interviews.
- Ensuring a professional appearance, language use, and manner throughout reports.