How does a QR code work? Most Smart phones have a QR code reader installed and all you need to do is open your camera app. If you don’t have a QR code reader installed, you will need to install one. Once you have a QR Code reader installed on your smartphone, you’re ready to scan your first QR Code. Doing so is very easy. Just follow these simple steps.
- Open the QR Code reader on your phone.
- Hold your device over a QR Code so that it’s clearly visible within your smartphone’s screen.
- Two things can happen when you correctly hold your smartphone over a QR Code.
- The phone automatically scans the code.
- On some readers, you have to press a button to snap a picture, not unlike the button on your smartphone camera.
- If necessary, press the button.
Presto! Your smartphone reads the code and navigates to the intended destination, which doesn’t happen instantly. It may take a few seconds on most devices.
You will begin to see QR codes all over the place. They are used to educate, inform, explain, and for many other reasons. Watch for them and have your QR Code reader handy! Once you get the hang of it, QR Codes will save you a lot of time and effort.