Skip to content
- Our criminal justice system must be focused on redemption and rehabilitation.
- We can and must reduce the number of people incarcerated in this country while also reducing crime.
- Expand and use the power of the U.S. Justice Department to address systemic misconduct in police departments and prosecutors’ offices.
- Establish an independent Task Force on Prosecutorial Discretion.
- Reinvigorate community-oriented policing.
- Invest in public defenders’ offices to ensure defendants’ access to quality counsel.
- Create a $20 billion grant program to support criminal justice reform at the state and local level.
- End the criminalization of poverty.
- Stop corporations from profiteering off of incarceration.
- Eliminate existing barriers preventing formerly incarcerated individuals from fully participating in society.
- Reform the juvenile justice system.